WITHOUTchallenge.org is a fun way to show appreciation for all those who have served or are still serving to protect our freedoms. Funds are used for veteran transition programs.
Below are a variety of challenges that symbolically recognize what many veterans went “without” while deployed… for some, for the rest of their lives. The strategy is to choose what you think your civilian friend will fail at. Dare anyone you know… anywhere… any time!
CHOOSE WHAT TO GO WITHOUT FOR 24-HOURS:
- A LIMB… Tape or Tie-up your hand, arm or leg to immobilize usage.
- SLEEP… Must stay awake for 24-hours.
- HOT MEALS… Cold packaged food only.
- EYESIGHT… Blindfold your eyes.
- COOLING OFF… Must be 75 degrees or hotter, and wear a winter coat, hat and boots.
- BED, COUCH OR CHAIR… Access to floor or ground only for sitting, resting and sleeping.
- ALCOHOL, COFFEE OR TEA… Includes no beer, wine, ice tea, frappuccino, cappuccino and latte.
- TOBACCO… Includes no chew, smoking, e-cigarettes or nicotine patches.
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES… No TV, cell phone, radio, iPad, Tablet or Computer.
- LIGHT… Use existing light only such as streetlights or the moon. No use of electronic devices for light.
- COMMUNICATION… No talking with, texting or emailing your spouse, kids, friends or anyone.
- RUNNING WATER… Use only 20 fl. oz. bottled water for hygiene, cooking and drinking.
- GUARD DOWN… Every time when walking make a slow 360 spin after every 10 steps for situational awareness.
HOW TO INVITE A CONTENDER:
The strategy is to choose what you think your civilian friend will fail at. Dare anyone you know from anywhere. Veterans from any era can join a challenge too.
The contender performing the task is allowed to choose his/her own challenge.
Simply fill out this CHALLENGE INVITE form.
THE PAY UP:
The donation represents one dollar for every hour in a day that a warrior endures on the battlefield or struggles to adapt back home.
If the contender accepts but fails the 24 hour challenge, we ask that he/she donates $24 to Operation Never Forgotten.
If the contender succeeds, we ask that the challenger who made the dare makes a donation of any amount to Operation Never Forgotten.
Operation Never Forgotten, a 100% volunteer national 501(c)3 organization. Donations are all tax deductible, and used for veteran/caregiver transition workshops and veteran suicide prevention.
After your challenge please return here for your donation.
SHARE THE CAUSE:
Post photos or videos of your challenge on your favorite social media and mention: WithoutChallenge.org.
You can email your posted link to request an ONF Facebook posting. Keep searching #WITHOUTChallenge as you help share your support!
COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS:
Email email@example.com or CONTACT ONF.